So I’m pregnant. Yay! Almost 15 weeks along.
People ask me about morning sickness* & tiredness. It’s mostly over now.
But some other things that happen while pregnant are less obvious (or perhaps well hidden….) and probably some are unique to my weird mind.
Here’s where it’s at so far.
1. Burp lots. I could pass for a sailor.
2. Check my belly size every day. Try and suck it in and see how far I can get. (The less far, the happier I am!).
3. Go to the toilet lots (waiting for this to die down in the coming weeks!)
4. Wake up at night. At least 2-3 nights a week. Stay awake for an hour or so.
5. Get pins and needles. Often. Change seating position often.
6. Get sore muscles from sitting & leaning for too long.
7. Huff and puff while going up a minor incline (La Trobe Street, I’m looking at you!). Or stairs (yay, third floor living!)
8. Get teary and emotional at odd points. Feelings? What is this?
9. Have moments of terror and panic: What have we done???!!! Life will never be the same!! Is baby still ok and healthy?
10. In response to #9 above: Pray lots.
11. Stare at the unit and dream of tossing out a lot of stuff.
12. Wonder how I’m gonna fit in our tiny bathroom with a huge belly.
13. Feel justified in eating food. Lots of food. And perhaps some junk food. Ok, too much junk food.
14. Feel guilty for eating junk food.
15. Admire other peoples’ pregnant bellies.
16. Look at babies/toddlers nearby. Imagine having one 24/7. Get terrified again.
17. Read. SO much reading.
18. Check the babycenter forum. Consider posting. Mostly lurk.
19. Wait for the day I can stare people down for an easy seat on the tram.
20. Stress about money. Then think pray and think rationally and stop stressing.
21. Google problems like ‘Constant sniffles’ or ‘nosebleed + pregnancy’ or ’15 wks fruit size’ Right now the baby’s about an apple.
22. Have random moments of much excitement and smiles!
23. Wait and wait and wait til the end!!
Would love to hear if any of this resonates with you (as a previous/current pregnant woman or supporting partner!)
Oh, you wanted a baby bump pic? Sure.
Taken at 14wks. (some baby bump + bit of *ahem* padding that was there to begin with!!)
*morning sickness is a lie. It can actually last all day. And doesn’t always manifest in a dramatic spew in the toilet. For me, it was just waves of feeling queasy. And even then, I think I got off pretty lightly!